Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Brewdog

A beautiful sunny cold day in Dublin. We've had so much grey weather lately that I didn't really know how to capture the light and shade in this one. Certainly a location I will revisit, at the back of BrewDog, at the end of Grand Canal Dock, where the Grand canal and the Dodder join with the Liffey. A very interesting area, as Dublin was quite an industrial city in its day. It's all changing now, and we've lost a lot of that history, but there are some projects that incorporate the old and the new, even if it looks like the old has been swallowed up by the new to the point where it's hardly recognisable. At least some of it remains.


This is how the sketch looked on location. I just added the sky and a bit of text when I got home.


This was work in progress. I had to get up, go for a little walk, and then come back to it to understand what the sketch needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment