Sunday, January 02, 2022

More boats

Am I ready to paint boats? Probably not, but that's not going to stop me from trying! This is a view from Balbriggan that's been tempting me for a while now. But I never thought I could do it. Until last week's Sketching Playlab, where I learned a way to tackle a complex scene without being overwhelmed! Next, onto composition plans!


This one is another version of the busy harbour in Vietnam (photo from Paul Wang). I like this quieter interpretation.

Busy version (top) vs quiet version (bottom) - quiet is a relative concept. I lean on the lively side. Lots of lively lines, but I did tone down the colours in the bottom version.


Not sure which is busy and which is quiet in this first exploration! But it's good that they feel like fishing boats even if they don't exactly look like it.


And a little abstract - all part of the play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment