Friday, January 21, 2022

Doodles and mark making, Explore and play

New Year, new me. I'm setting 2 hours a week to explore and play with tools that I don't normally use much. No expectation, no pressure. It's important to me to regain that balance about art-making. I think I will do better in the long term if it's not all about making lovely paintings. And when I say I will do better, I mean my progress in terms of drawing and painting, and also in my mental well-being and feeling happy with making art just for the sake of it. I feel that lately, it's all become too serious, art, the world, my life, and I feel the need to find that lightness of being that seems to be missing at the moment. There are things I can't change, but how I react to these things, I can. Not all of the exploration is going to look pretty, that's what exploration is about after all. But if I can draw/paint three paint tubes that make me happy, it's all been worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment