Saturday, October 16, 2021

Thinking about a composition

Something Delphine wrote the other day resonated with me - you have to think about design. Up to now, I have just been copying the photo in front of my eyes, and let's face it, all I have is a big square barn with the road running away from the other corner. (options 1, 2 and 3 below, where I was trying to reduce shapes and figure out values and cool/warm temperature.)

So, finally, the penny dropped and in the last thumbnail at the bottom, I decided to change the road so I can lead the eye to the barn door! These things don't come naturally to me, believe me!! I'm reading a book on creativity at the moment, but today I feel I'm still very much at the start of the journey, where I still have so many technical elements to master before I can even think about creating something new!! A humbling experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment