Sunday, October 24, 2021

Before the rain - Kyoto

I wish this sketch was done from direct observation, but travel to Japan is still restricted. And when it finally opens up,  everybody will be rushing there and flights and accommodation will be too expensive, so I can't imagine we'll be able to go next year even. It's the one place in the world where I really want to go, so in the meantime, I'm going through old photos. This was Kyoto before a really heavy shower. The sky looked like the apocalypse was about to happen. We did find shelter in time! And Brendan reminded me that this was more or less the spot where he saw a snake the day he went walking on his own while I was sketching with Samantha! So you will never get me to go sketching along there - I might stand and sketch, but never relax and sit and sketch, that's for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment