Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Near Baggot Street

I'm definitely feeling the cold more than I used to. And it's not that I've lost weight - I wish! My theory is that we've been cocooning for so long that we're finding it hard to stay warm when sketching outside. We'll get there. We just need more practise! I have managed to retrain my bladder out of lockdown mode, so I'm sure I'll retrain my internal thermostat too!

I did manage to do this sketch, done with blue ink and then watercolour for the wonderful trees in their autumn colours. I sat on a bench near the canal not far from Baggot Street, just at the back of the Peppercanister church. A lovely spot with a bridge and locks, beautiful Georgian houses, but today, it was about the trees for me, and the cars parked behind the low wall on the other side of the canal.


Then I declared it was too cold and went to the cute little Starbucks at the back of the Peppercanister church. Louise and I chatted and sketched, and we were soon joined by the others. Mary probably won't like this sketch of her, but I do think I did catch a likeness. As for Louise? I'll have to try again!



No comments:

Post a Comment