Saturday, October 23, 2021

Dollymount Strand

It was a little bit of a drive, but it was worth it, as the weather turned out glorious for Dublin Sketchers' outing to Dollymount Strand near Clontarf. I found the promenade/pier too busy, so I moved to the beach, where it was quite sheltered from the wind. It was the last warmish day before our autumn truly set in, so it was a real treat!
The last time I was there, we had brought Timber with us, and he loved running back and forth on the wide expanse of beach. So it was lovely to see all the people with dogs, bringing back good memories. 
I had preglued a beautiful piece of origami paper on the page, designed by Delphine, one of our sketchers - the paper was wrapping a small gift, but you know me, I'm like a dog at Christmas, I often prefer the wrapping paper to what's inside the box!


And after sketching the people and dogs and seagulls, I turned my back to the sea and sketched the grasses in the dunes. And then it was time to go and chat with everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment