Monday, October 04, 2021

Impressions from sketches and photos

Not only did I sketch lots from direct observations, but I also painted and sketched from my photos or from my own sketches. There was so much I wanted to remember, the colours, sensations, light, impressions, etc. that I felt the need to keep putting those down on paper so I can use them for paintings later. So much to process. I just didn't want to forget!

The first few here were done in a Koval sketchbook, with Saunders Waterford CP paper. The other two sketchbooks I had with me were a Stillman & Birn Beta and a Hahnemuhle watercolour. I was glad to be carrying two sketchbooks with me at most times, as some days, the humidity was higher than usual and it was taking a while for the paint to dry.















No comments:

Post a Comment