Monday, August 05, 2024

Dance Your Style

If these look familiar, it's because I posted them in my Instagram Stories a few weeks ago. But I like to keep a record of everything I sketch, draw or paint in my Instagram Feed. Also on my blog. Only the paintings go to my website, but I'm thinking I might add a few sketches there too, because they are important to me, and a side of me that people who know my paintings might not be aware of. But that's another day's work!

These sketches are from Red Bull Ireland's Dance Your Style Final. Dancers were competing for a place in the worldwide competition, taking place in Mumbai later this year. I had so much fun trying to capture their amazing moves. It was all so fast (and loud too!). I worked in pen with black ink and grey marker. The bits of pencil and the more colourful marker elements were added afterwards. I could barely keep up with just two tools! But I'm very happy I managed to convey the energy of the event. It took a page or two to warm up, and in the end, I decided to do a full scene, with stage and spectators too. There's even a video of me dancing too, but you're not going to see that!










 







No comments:

Post a Comment