Sunday, June 04, 2023

Near Tara Street

With the weather improving, I have more energy for sketching outdoors. It was cold in the shade though, and I did wear my woolly hat!

We were sketching near Tara Street Dart Station. There's this building. Apparently, it had a metal squirrel attached to the side after the premises next to it was taken down. But the squirrel is gone now, only some patches of colour remain. It used to be Kennedys bar, now The Workshop. Still a pub I think. I was never in it. It's the last remaining building in the area. All around it are new (and not so new) office blocks. I probably will disappear soon. So I sketched it twice. First the back, with the hoarding already in place - never a good sign. You can see the Customs House in the distance, and the railway bridge that runs right behind. Then I crossed to the front and sketched it again, with the Ulster Bank (was it Ulster Bank? I must check.) building behind it. I'm happy with how I managed to mesh the two views into one sketch.


Then we met in Mulligans pub. They let us use a beautiful room with a large table in the middle. We all seemed to be drinking Guinness. It's years since I was there. It's larger than I remember, but otherwise unchanged.




Photo taken by Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment