Saturday, June 17, 2023

Fog on the shore - Parknasilla

Nothing like little postcard-sized flow watercolours to figure out what works and what doesn't. I'm trying to achieve some soft gradations here to express the feeling of fog over the tall trees on the shore near Parknasilla, near Sneem.

I don't paint with Phthalo blue very much, but I feel that it's what's needed for my intense greens. Lunar blue for the foggy effect. And still trying to figure out what orange to use. Pyrrole Orange? Transparent Pyrrole Orange? Perylene Maroon? Quin Burnt Scarlet? What I got here is probably a mix of all of these. Not very methodical!

I think the first one (top left) is my favourite. It will be interesting to see how it works out when I move up a size! I also want to explore some more with the tree trunks. In reality, they are quite red, some are vertical, others are more twisted. Love thinking about those things, then just paint with abandon!









No comments:

Post a Comment