Monday, July 06, 2020

We're back in action

It was cold, windy, showery. A typical Irish summer's day. But we turned up! Our first outing since the lockdown. We observed social distancing, we avoided crowded places, we followed government advice. And we still had fun sketching around St Stephen's Green. We shared, we talked. Most of all, we sketched. This is a day to be celebrated!

Trying out as many shades of green as I could! And avoiding the seagulls. And staying out of the rain!

Was lucky that this mini photoshoot took place right in front of me, a few metres away! The chap with the cap was holding an interesting musical instrument. I think it's an ūd or oud. I should have asked them! But I was too busy sketching them, and minding their bag! And I was more interested in the photographer's poses. Sketched onsite. Coloured at home.



And then it was time to meet up by the bandstand, yes, that bandstand!! And sketch a socially-distanced game of soccer! (added colour at home)

No comments:

Post a Comment