Friday, July 31, 2020

Exploring a scene

I took a couple of pictures of a boat moored at a remote little harbour somewhere on the Beara Peninsula last year. Travara Beach according to Google Maps. I think we're all nostalgic for all the carefree travel and adventures of last summer. But I can go through my photos for painting ideas. And explore! There was an interesting yellow algae at the time. 

This is as far as I've got with it. I probably need to reduce the number of shapes. I suppose I could have "stuff and junk on the boat in light" and "stuff and junk on the boat in shade". Some of that junk is lobster traps. It took me a while looking at my photo to figure it out! 

Next step will be a one colour watercolour value study! If I don't get distracted!




No comments:

Post a Comment