Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Epic



Well, we haven't had the best of weather since we've started sketching as a group again. So it's a matter of finding indoor locations that are large enough and quiet enough for us to be safe. The CHQ building would not normally be my first choice, but it was perfect for us on a rainy day - nearby carpark, bathrooms, coffee shops, lots of space where we could sit while remaining far enough away from each other, nobody around. Wow! Our criteria for choosing a sketching location has changed, hasn't it!!

And in the whole time I was there, I only saw one couple going in to the EPIC emigration museum. But now that we have flights coming in from the US bringing American tourists to our shores, it's probably getting busier. I won't be going near it so! I just don't understand why our government is allowing tourists from countries where the pandemic is out of control into the country. Yes, there's supposed to be a 14-day quarantine, but everyone knows that nobody will check that they're actually observing the quarantine. I am not impressed with the lack of action from our new government!

No comments:

Post a Comment