Saturday, April 20, 2019

Hugh Lane and Olivier Cornet Gallery

After a cold morning at the Experience Japan Festival, I went to the Olivier Cornet Gallery to warm up, and discovered the wonderful slip.flux.flock exhibition.


To me, these pieces looked like magical animals, diving into the sea, fighting head to head, walking slowly over the ice, so this quote from Ulysses worked well for me: 'And other denizens of the aqueous kingdom too numerous to be enumerated'

After that, I was fooled by a little bit of sunshine and I started sketching outside the Hugh Lane Gallery. It got cold again pretty soon. And my frozen hands couldn't draw a straight line! Actually, I'm lying, I'm just not good at drawing straight line.


'... windowsills, cornices, gutters, chimney pots, railings, rainspouts...'

No comments:

Post a Comment