Friday, April 19, 2019

Colour swatches

Inspired by Shari Blaukopf's new book The Urban Sketching Handbook, Working with Color, I've been painting colour swatches again, with old and new paints. Such fun. But how will I decide which ones to include in my day-to-day palette??? Some hard decisions are going to have to be made!


Cerulean blue for dusky grey mixes and Prussian blue for rich darks (with Aureolin yellow and Pyrrole red in both cases). And a slightly warmer mix with Cerulean blue, Quinacridone gold and Pyrrole red.

Gorgeous browns and rich greens! I have been avoiding Sap Green for years - Now I'm wondering why it took me so long to discover it! And Hansa yellow is a revelation too!!

Prussian blue, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Naples Yellow and Venetian red are pigments I've had in my toolbox for a while but they've been neglected. But having done these mixes, I am definitely bringing these colours with me to Amsterdam!



No comments:

Post a Comment