Monday, October 29, 2018

Stones

I know it's InkTober, but I find it much more fun to play with watercolours! So I'm back #FollowingTheWhiteRabbit exploring negative painting, lost and found edges, splattering and shading. Painting three items like this is relatively easy. But for me, when I try to create a full composition, it's like I forget everything I've learned and I revert to hard edges everywhere. Maybe what I need to do is slowly increase the number of pieces and slowly learn how to cope with the increasing complexity. Will I be patient enough to do that? Mmm... I would love to do a full painting with stones, from photos I've taken on Killiney Beach, and using some of the actual stones I've picked up over the years (not that many, I promise). That would  be fun! Which approach do you think I'll take? Slow and careful? Or Jump right in and make a mess of it?

PS: colours used are all Daniel Smith watercolours: Lavender, Moonglow, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna, Buff Titanium, Transparent Red Oxide. I think they are my favourite colour mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment