Friday, April 06, 2018

At the hairdressers

I'm not a hairdresser person. I like my hairdresser. He's great to chat with. But I find that the process of colouring and cutting hair is a tedious chore. A good reason to bring my sketchbook with me! I normally sketch a self portrait while the colour is taking. It's never very flattering.

So this time, I took a different approach. First, I drew the shelves behind me in the mirror. Then, I sketched the hairdresser as he was cutting my hair. That was quite a challenge. I never realised how much the hairdresser moves when he is working on my haircut, and how high his elbow is most of the time! Pencil worked better than ink.

I also did a quick sketch in the car as I was a few minutes early.

Next time, I should bring a bigger sketchbook and work all on one page.









No comments:

Post a Comment