Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Glass of wine


Well, I didn't get around to drawing and painting my tea, pistachios and walnuts this week.
But I did try a sketch and watercolour on watercolour paper - you really can't beat watercolour paper. The only thing is that my marker (Faber Castell Pitt pen) drags slightly on the rough surface. Next time I'm in town, I must get a hot-press watercolour paper pad. Hot press is smoother. I tend to buy cold press or rough watercolour paper, as I like the textured effects. Time to try something new.

And yes, it's the time of the year when I start drinking - although the weather here is still cold, summer is the time when I drink the odd glass of rosé. I really hope it gets warmer soon! I still feel like the year has only barely started, i.e. like it's still winter. If the weather is still cold next weekend, I'll start drawing cups of tea again. Ah well. It's all practise!

No comments:

Post a Comment