Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 49

Week 49 challenge was to draw or trace a hand. I tried a bit of drawing, but it didn't look good, so I fell back on the tracing option. I'm not that crazy about my hands, they are short and stubby, so I found this challenge difficult. But it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy.

I used a page that I liked a lot as a background, and I'm planning to let it shine through. The golden wavy bits are where I used packing tape to pick up paint from my Gelli plate, and I stuck the packing tape to the page. Because I had picked up so much golden paint, the packing tape wasn't adhesive enough, hence the wave pattern.

For the hand itself, I chose a piece of newsprint that was used to protect my desk when spraying paint and to clean up my stamps.

For the tip-in, on which I glued the newsprint, I chose an art postcard I picked up at an exhibition last year.

So there you go - all done. A few more weeks to go before I finish the 2014 challenges. I'm already behind on the 2015 Documented Life Project challenges, so I'll be kept busy over the next few weeks. Somehow, I feel I'm going to be perpetually in catch-up mode.







No comments:

Post a Comment