Sunday, September 14, 2014

Documented Life Project - Week 25

Cover your flap in hearts, they said, for Week 25. With pleasure, I replied.

I used a new interesting technique for this one: creating an acrylic skin using my Gelli Plate! It was a technique I discovered on the Gelli Arts facebook page, I'm sure, but of course I can't find the link now. Anyways, it's very similar to the packing tape technique (which by the way I used for the left-hand borders here), except that you use acrylic medium instead of packing tape: so, you apply shapes and colours onto your Gelli plate, layer by layer - letting each layer dry completely before you apply the next one. When your top layer is completely dry, pour acrylic medium over the whole plate, a couple of millimetres thick (too thin and it will tear, too thick and it will take forever to dry). Let it dry for 24 hours (it said overnight in the instructions, but mine took longer - it may depend on the thickness, the ambiant temperature, the humidity also probably). Then gently pull it all off, and, like one of these face masks, it will all come together. I would recommend to let it dry even longer - don't put any paper on top - acrylic will stick. Then you can cut the shapes and glue them to your page. Again, give them a good while to dry completely or they will stick to the facing page.

Then I found the perfect use for my tiny little heart shape cutter from Dealz (€1.49!) - the ideal tool to use up Gelli prints and incorporate them into your journal pages - a border of little hearts.



I can't believe I've been doing this for 25 weeks, and I'm still 13 weeks behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment