Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 19

RAK - Random Act of Kindness - Week 19's challenge was to document a random act of kindness by me.

From the very start, that was a difficult challenge for me - I couldn't think of anything I've done that would qualify as such. Not that I am an unkind person. I would like to think of myself as kind-hearted. But random acts of kindness? No.

So who better than my other half, BB, to exemplify this virtue!









A couple of weeks ago, we were driving home from the park with Dog (I can't remember why we had decided to drive, maybe there was rain forecast?). BB spotted a brown dog on his own on the other side of the road. So he pulled over at the next chance, got out of the car and brought the dog to our car. I rang the number on the dog's tag and left a message. He seemed like a friendly dog. So we decided to bring him to our local vets to check if he was micro-chipped. He got into the car no problem and happily sat beside our guy in the back. The two of them were quite a picture. When we got to the vets, we attached the leash to the dog's harness, and, again, he happily followed BB into the building. The vets checked his micro-chip and confirmed that the dog was local, that his name was Coco and that he was a regular escape artist. They made contact with the owner, who was at home, and a few minutes later Coco was re-united with his owner.

So, here is to Coco! Visually, not my best page, but this is a lovely story that I will remember for many years. No doubt we will see Coco walking our roads again!



No comments:

Post a Comment