Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bushy Park

Documented Life Project journals are great to keep the artistic flame alive when you don't have much time on hand. I do miss my watercolour projects. But they do take time to think through and plan. Time that I don't have at the moment. Still, I've got a painting in mind. There will probably be a few iterations before I produce something I'm happy with. Watercolours are such an unforgiving medium, they need such a light touch, but also thorough planning, in order to look luminous and spontaneous. And they need practise too, I believe. I want to achieve an almost abstract quality, but I tend to get lost in detail.

For now, I've decided to play with pastels - another difficult medium, but much more immediate. Here is where I am:


No comments:

Post a Comment