Monday, July 21, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 17

Catching up on my normal life - bit by bit.

Here is my take on Week 17 of the Documented Life Project: add your favourite shoes (draw, paint, photograph).

This week took me a bit more time than usual, as I added a tip-in page, so I had four pages to work with, instead of my usual two. Twice as much fun! And only half as much time, as we've had a busy week.

So, here we go:

Journal page: As usual, based on leftover paint from a Gelli print. A few doodles. A couple of arrows from one of my home-made stamps. A bit of origami paper.



Second page: This is the page facing the journal. There, I decided to collage lots of bits and pieces that mean something to me. And that probably mean nothing to you. But that's what a journal is all about, isn't it?







Tip-in Recto: This is my Weekly Challenge page. My current favourite shoes. First, drawn in my sketchpad. Then painted with a watercolour set that my nieces gave me for my birthday - the heel looks a bit wobbly there- the first drawing is probably the best description of the actual shape of the shoe.




Tip-in Verso: I had to do something with this page, but I didn't want heavy collage, as I was afraid it would warp the page too much. So I mixed some bright colours in my new watercolour set and I painted circles, forcing them to touch where possible. Happy colours, don't you think?




And I called it done! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment