Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Stamping

Remember the lovely round outline stamp I carved a couple of weeks ago? Well, it's definitely become my favourite stamp! I applied it all over the newsprint paper that I use to protect my desk (I've only discovered newsprint recently, so my desk is way past protecting, but it's never too late!). The paper is full of splatter and colours from my many art projects, and with the outline stamp in black, the result is very striking. I'm going to use this a lot in future journal pages.

My only concern is that newsprint is non-archival. I don't know how long it will take for the colours to fade or change, or indeed if there will be an impact on the page to which it is glued or the facing page. But I'm not expecting future generations to be interested in my art journals, so, as long as there is no immediate impact within the next few years, I'm not too bothered. Plus I'm pretty good at photographing and blogging more or less everything I do, so I'll always have a record, as long as Google don't go bust!


No comments:

Post a Comment