Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 5

Week 5 challenge was to add a doodle border. So here is what I did:


  1. Chose a page with paint left over from a Gelli print. The facing page includes a sellotape transfer from a Gelli print - this is my favourite way to clean my Gelli plate 
  2. Doodled with my dark sepia Faber-Castell PITT artist pen (love those pens). I wasn't sure where I was going, but isn't it what doodling is all about?
  3. Coloured the doodle border with Distress Stain (Jim Holtz) - tarnished brass and broken china - love the names of those colours
  4. Wrote a few words - bad hand-writing - will have to practise more
  5. Printed two photos of me in sepia
  6. Doodled around them - I think the simpler the doodles the better
  7. The left-hand page, the one with the sellotape transfer, was a bit bare, so I added some vintage photo Distress Stain
  8. Then I sprayed some Adirondack dye through one of my flower and butterfly Dealz stencils
  9. Doodled on that page too
  10. Glued a section of washi tape I bought in Art & Hobby shop yesterday - it was discounted too!
  11. Punched little flowers with a little punch I got in Art & Hobby shop - don't know the brand - it's got a big X on the side - and glued these in a couple of places
  12. Glued a felt flower from another one of my Dealz kits
  13. Also applied a little bit of a label I painted on - not too successfully - will have to explore that technique again
  14. Stamped a word (found lovely alphabets from Urban stamps in Art & Hobby shop in town - was delighted to get these. I don't have a clear block to apply them to, but I found that a clear CD jewel box cover did the trick quite well)
  15. Called it Done!





 
That's our 14-year-old cat!











No comments:

Post a Comment