Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 1

I recently discovered this art project called The Documented Life Project. And now I feel the need to abandon all other art projects I had in mind to pursue, and maybe some day catch up with, this group of artists.

The whole idea is to use a weekly planner and to incorporate art into it every week, with a theme chosen by the 5 ladies who set up this project.

Well this is April already, and I'm not going to go and buy a 2014 planner now, plus I don't think I'd find a shop that would sell me one. But that's not going to stop me from enjoying this. And I'm not good with weekly deadlines anymore - where is the project manager in me? Gone out the door the day we got a dog!

So here is my effort for Week 1 - to photograph, sketch, paint or incorporate your front door:


  • First I took a photo (obviously)
  • Second I decided to jazz up the colours in Picassa
  • Third I chose a pre-painted page in one of my journals - colours left over from one of my Gelli prints
  • Fourth I glued the photos on the facing pages
  • Fifth I wrote a few words
  • Sixth I applied my lovely alphabet stickers (from Art&Hobby shop), just in case you couldn't read my writing
  • Seventh I doodled a small little bit
  • Eighth I stamped little hearts with my own stamp
  • Nineth I called it done


No comments:

Post a Comment