Friday, April 25, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 4

Week 4 challenge was to write a secret message then paint over it to hide it, except for one key word.

(PS: Having started so far behind, I haven't actually started doing any of the planner pages. But I was watching one of the videos from their workshops, by Roben-Marie Smith, and I'm really inspired to give that a try too)

So, here we go:


  1. I chose a plain page with turquoise paint left over from a gelli print
  2. I wrote the words of a song with my white pen
  3. I circled the words I wanted to keep (I could not decide on one, so I picked four)
  4. I finger-painted over the rest of the lyrics with Reeves acrylics - a lovely lavender and a tender pink
  5. I cut circles in paper with my Gyro-cut and used the paper as stencils to paint through
  6. I circled around the circles with my Neocolor II pencils, and added a small tissue paper circle to one of them
  7. I used one of my favourite stencils, a Japanese wave pattern from Artistcellar, to apply white acrylic paint (again with my fingers - I'm enjoying this finger-painting business!), creating a border effect
  8. Added doodles in white pen for more borders
  9. Cut circles from an old Gelli print with the words of the song and glued them to my page, adding white dots and black circles to highlight them
  10. Cut circles from Japanese origami paper (I have accumulated quite a stash of origami paper from trips to Japan and presents sent by friends - I find it very hard to use them, they are so pretty) - at this stage, I think the theme of this page is starting to emerge clearly - subtle I am not
  11. I felt that my key words were a bit lost, so I cut ovals from what remained of a gelli print I used for another project and glued these to frame my words
  12. I added a few doodles
  13. I glued a stamp I kept - I love these Irish stamps showing Irish fauna
  14. I printed little circles with a cork, but then decided they were not clear enough and I carved a circle stamp and applied little white circles (I must use my heat gun to set them - 24 hours later and they are still not completely dry). While I was at it, I applied half circles in green as a border on the right-hand side
  15. I glued a little bit of ribbon from Dealz
  16. I called it done. What do you think? Quite derivative of Roben-Marie Smith, but it's got my own twist, I think!






















No comments:

Post a Comment