Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 2

Well, this is Easter weekend after all and I have to make the most of all this free time - 3 hours until the dog needs to be walked again!

So, let's move to Week 2 - Incorporate a Selfie

I took a picture of myself and wasn't too happy with it, then I had a look through Picasa. Here is the result:


  • First I had a look through the People section in Picasa
  • Second I selected about twenty pictures of me that I liked
  • Third I picked Collage - but the Collage option didn't take my chosen photos - it incorporated all the pictures of me in People - and I loved the resulting texture
  • Fourth I glued it to a blank page 
  • Fifth I added little dots around it to frame it 
  • Sixth I drew lines and wrote words that describe me in one way or another
  • Seventh I scribbled over those words with Neocolor II water-soluble pencils and applied water to bring out the colours
  • Eighth  I applied some Reeves acrylic paint (gold) to brighten it and hide the words
  • Ninth I called it done


No comments:

Post a Comment