Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 3

I didn't think I'd manage to complete another one this weekend, but here I am, at Week 3 of my Documented Life Project - I am quite inspired.

Week 3 is "Add an envelope from your mailbox"


Lots of steps in this one, so I'm going go for a numbered list:

  1. Pick an envelope - that was easy: a friend of ours had given me this lovely envelope from Florence with opera tickets months ago. It was so pretty I kept it. I knew I would find a use for it some day
  2. Pick a background - a gelli print leftover in red and pink
  3. Glued the envelope to the page
  4. Decided to use one of my donut stencils. It was originally just a plain piece of paper, but numerous gelli prints made it into an ancient seal! 
  5. I wanted to use a similar donut shape around the page, so I cut my own stamp (I use plain old erasers that I carve with a little toolkit I got at Christmas)
  6. I drew little donuts in any space that I felt needed it
  7. When you have an envelope, you have to put a card in it, you can't leave it empty. So I cut a card from a donut gelli print that wasn't quite good enough to stand on its own
  8. I wrote Happy Easter 2014 at the back of the card. But that looked a bit silly.
  9. I drew lots and lots of little donuts on the back of the card
  10. I called it done!
And now, a few more pictures:






















No comments:

Post a Comment