Sunday, July 14, 2013

More Gelli Plates

We had a great day with Timber yesterday, two visits to the dog park, a successful walk near home, recall and heel training. He's been doing great. I also managed to set aside an hour to experiment further with my Gelli Plate.

I tried out one of the techniques they showed on the Gelli blog a few weeks ago - you apply lovely patterns, and then you let the paint dry on the Gelli Plate - let it dry completely - and then you lift the paint by applying clear adhesive packing tape (I've read somewhere you can also use transparencies - though I don't know if that's still available in the shops, as presentations are all done with laptops nowadays, but I am certainly curious to try that out.). The result is really vibrant strips of patterns. Photographs don't do it justice.

(patterns applied with a plastic cup, a cork, a piece of corrugated cardboard and a soft painting tool)

What I'm going to do with them, I'm not quite sure yet. Could be lovely with plain white wrapping paper for gift wrapping.

I've applied two strips over a page of my old Russian phrasebook, "Русский язык для всех (Russian for Everyone). But I'll have to develop this into something more.

I will look for sheet music (Neil Diamond's Kentucky Woman or Wagner's Tristan und Isolde?), as the samples I have seen on the Gelli blog look quite lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment