Saturday, January 05, 2013

Water Themes

Back to watercolours - Genearally, I use the Masquepen masking fluid, but the last one I got dried very quickly - it might have been in the shop too long, plus I don't use them every day.

So I bought a little bottle of Schmincke masquing fluid the other day, and it was really easy to use. It applies white, and dries to a shiny transparent gloss. It comes off easily too - I was using cheap paper and it didn't tear at all. No need for brushes or other applicators, as it's built in, and it's easy to clear with a stretched paper clip. So, hopefully, it will keep for a while, but just to be on the safe side, I think I'm going to do a few more watercolours in the next few weeks.

This little painting was inspired by a photo I found on Flickr, via Pinterest - a great source of new ideas!

(PS: now that I look at the original, I think it would be a perfect subject for acrylic pouring medium! Will I be able to resist?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment