Friday, June 01, 2012

The Twelve

I can't remember where I had heard or read about The Twelve. But the review of Stuart Neville's book had caught my eye all right. As always, I have quite a backlog of books to read, so I only got to it last week.

It's not my usual kind of book. It's a violent thriller story after all. But it's set in Belfast in recent times. The ceasefire is holding, Sinn Fein is in government in Stormont with the Unionists, the Odyssey is the centre of Belfast nightlife, the North is now at peace. But is it? Are all the men of violence happily retired? Have they all become angels, tirelessly working for peace? Gerry Fegan, an IRA man with twelve deaths on his conscience, might be about to change everything.

Quite a page turner. I couldn't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment