Friday, June 29, 2012

Boden Collection 6 - Paper

Another little top from the Autumn 2008 in the Boden catalog - one which I've worn many times.

I find it quite liberating, to draw these figures without faces. Drawing the human face is hard, it can ruin a decent drawing. So this is the perfect solution for me. Hopefully it will help me build confidence in my drawing skills, and some day, I will be able to draw a face easily. That said, I did a self portrait once, and I was really proud of the result. And also a portrait of BB, which is a good likeness (except his beard was longer then). Practice Practice is what it's all about, and good technique. Maybe when I'm finished this series, I'll dig up Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and focus on faces - or maybe not!

So much to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment