Sunday, August 14, 2011

Movies

There are some movies I've seen months ago that I haven't got around to reviewing yet. So we're going to have to resort to drastic measures - group review.

Morning Glory - with the Indiana Jones guy and Anne Hathaway and what's her name, the actress that's been in lots of Woody Allen movies. Clearly didn't make much of an impression on me. Entertaining enough for an evening, but I'm glad I didn't pay for a cinema ticket for it! Actually, it's not even Anne Hathaway, just someone who looks a bit like her. There were a few hilarious scenes - when they're desperate to improve the ratings, and the presenters will do just about anything.

PS: I Love You - it was a great book. But why did they have to set the film in the US and the main actor (the dead guy) couldn't even do a good Irish accent? Hillary Swank is a good actress. She just picked a bad movie to act in. Read the book. Don't bother with the movie.

The Hurt Locker - OK, it's set in Iraq or Afghanistan, it's about a bomb disposal squad. The main guy dies in the first scene. The new main guy is scary, he just keeps playing with death. Quite gripping. But some parts didn't seem credible - these guys seemed to operate completely outside of the chain of command. Can't remember how it ends. Probably badly.

That's all I have time for today. Back soon







No comments:

Post a Comment