Monday, August 01, 2011

Clementines

I've completed my drawing of the clementines. As I said, I'm not a neat drawer, but following the steps has paid off. I've also started painting the same subject with acrylics. The major difference between the two will be the lighting. In the drawing, I have a light shining from the left, with the rest of the room in the dark, so there is strong contrast. The acrylic is a day scene, with a very diffuse light-source, the window to the back of my desk, with a net curtain absorbing a lot of the light. It's early days - I've got a lot more work to do to finish this one, but I've got the basic shapes in place (I traced from my free-hand drawing, so it's not really cheating). My next step is to figure out how to mix the right blue for the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment