Saturday, January 01, 2011

Mincemeat and Apple Pie

This is now my 3rd time baking this lovely apple pie from Áine McAteer's recipe (which she kindly posted as a comment under one of my recent posts), and I'm getting good at it. I even lifted the pastry without Brendan's help this time. Aren't I brilliant? For someone who never saw her mother bake, not bad at all.

I'm using a different dish this time so I hope it'll work out. I had to roll the pastry thinner, so maybe it will cook faster? Though the overall amount of pastry is the same... Well, we'll know in 10 minutes.

This picture was taken last week, with the baking done in the smaller but higher dish. My parents were impressed and had seconds (though they were not interested at all in how it was made).

Thank you Áine for a delicious recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment