Friday, November 05, 2010

Bull Island

We were on Bull Island on the bank holiday Monday (last Monday in October). A gorgeous spot that I had forgotten about - a lovely long sandy beach, very close to the city centre. It was a cold day, and my hat wasn't tight enough - so I think that's where I sealed my fate. I already had a bit of a sore throat, and it got worse after that walk. It was worth it, though. Next time, I'll just have to wear a better hat to cover my ears.

In the distance, you can see the 2 Poolbeg chimneys at Ringsend - one of the iconic landmarks of Dublin, captured here by Brendan with a good zoom. They are one of my favourite sights in Dublin. I was doing some work for a customer very close to the 2 chimneys over the last few weeks, and I'm only sorry I didn't bring my camera with me. Maybe I could sneak back some day - I've read that they're going to be pulled down, as the power station is now closed, so it's a case of now or never!

No comments:

Post a Comment