Saturday, November 27, 2010

Aine McAteer on RTE1

Aine McAteer was on the telly last Thursday - she did a cookery demonstration for Four Live on RTE1. I thought she was really natural - wouldn't it be nice if she had her own cookery show on RTE?

Never watched Four Live before, but Mary rang me to say that Aine was on, and the bit of the program I saw was pretty good - I enjoyed the gadget slot, where they were reviewing gadgets to help you sleep. Some stocking filler ideas in there!

Oh, and while I was going through the Four Live website, I found this interesting article about rodent control, where they say that the rodent problem this year is 40% higher than previous years, and as temperatures get colder in the winter, they become more of a nuisance around the house. Well, thank god we have a cat. He's never caught anything inside the house, but has been a good hunter in the garden!

Well, I might not become a regular watcher of Four Live - I tend to be still working at that time - but I'll certainly try to catch up on the website every so often!

And here is the link to Aine's recipes. It's also on the RTE Player until the 16 of December. I might try the hemp milk some day. I think there is a recipe for almond milk somewhere. I must dig it up, since I don't tend to drink cows' milk. I got into the habit of drinking rice milk and I love it. I alternate between the organic variety and the version with added calcium. Why they can't do an organic one with added calcium is beyond me - I want both in the one carton, surely that's what everybody wants?

Oh, and while I'm talking telly, great Toy Show last night (on the RTE Player until 17 December). Ryan Tubridy was wearing the perfect Christmas jumper - tacky and tasteful at the same time! And he's really funny and very good with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment