Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee

Cover of "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee&...
It was a case of the book cover attracting the eye rather than having read reviews about The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. Now, the cover of the book does not look like the picture here, but I've just started using Zemanta, and I'm using recommended photos and links. This is quite cool if you don't have time to go looking for just the right link or just the right photo. But it kind of limits your options to the top 10, and therefore helps homogenize what appears on the web, doesn't it?

Anyways, back to the book. It's not a big book. It's quite a good story - really it's about the mother-daughter relationship, and how it can mess up your life. The characters are engaging enough, but I felt there were too many people for such a short book. Not enough time to get to know them all in depth. It probably works quite well as a movie, which is what attracted me to the book in the first place - I think I had vaguely heard about it. I did enjoy it, and I did get into it, but I think I was expecting more from the book than it was able to deliver. I might read it again in a few years' time.

And by the way, here is the cover I found through googling, and it is the actual cover of the book.Now, there are a good few steps to putting it up here, so I can see the advantage of using Zemanta if you don't have much time. You have to google it for images, then save it to your computer, then add it through blogger, find it on your computer, click here, there, ... it all takes time. But I think I'd rather make my own choices. Plus you never know what you're going to discover on the way.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment