Saturday, April 10, 2010

Old Skirt

My drawings today were not great, so I decided to cheer myself up by showing you a drawing I did last week:
This is a skirt I used to wear a long long time ago, when my hips didn't seem to stick out quite as much. It is made of beautiful raw silk in the most gorgeous dark turquoise, with black embroidery at the bottom. It's really rich and full, and I love the idea of it - but it doesn't suit me any more. I'm not sure it ever did. But it made me feel wonderful, like a princess at the ball. It swings like a Vienese Waltz Ball!

I had bought it in Brussels in a shop on Rue Neuve called Mac & Maggie. It's probably long gone (the only site I can find is http://www.macenmaggie.nl/, but it's all in Dutch, so I have no idea if it's even related to that magic fashion shop).

This is a shop where I had also bought a dark green jersey dress with an empire neck line and a bouffant skirt (a skirt with an elastic at the bottom is not the most flattering for big hips, but I loved that dress too), and a brown opera swing coat with a big fake fur black colar. Somewhat wacky, but those clothes were really special. Unfortunately, I got rid of those 2 items, but I still have the skirt. I will most definitely never get to wear it again, but there is no way I'm parting with it.

So, there you are, that's the story behind that little drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment