Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Willow

This one is for Amy and Ailbhe in Ireland and Laura in Belgium - the main cat lovers in the family:

I drew this while Willow was asleep on our bed early Sunday evening. I was trying out my new Faber-Castell PITT artist pen (by the way, I paid in Euro what these pens cost in Dollars on Cheap Joe's website, but I was in Kennedy's art shop, and they were calling out to me "buy me, buy me"). 

Somehow, I managed to catch his general shape and head before he moved too much (anybody who knows cats knows that, even in their sleep, they never stay in the same position for very long). I added the general shading on his body and tail after that. This is the first time I've managed a life drawing of Willow that actually looks like him, so I'm really pleased with myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment