Friday, February 19, 2010

Sea at Killiney

OK, this is the last one in the series. Although I'll have one more picture to take of it, as this photo doesn't include the last stage - the scratching of the waves with a blade. This one is in a big format again (508x406mm). It's a bit wacky, but I like the blending of the blues (that's got a nice ring to it, that, "the blending of the blues"). I have to push myself to paint bigger - it's just practice at the end of the day, knowing how the paint will flow and where it will stop. Much easier on smaller paper. I think my 2 favourites of the series are the last one (13 Feb) and the first one (16 Jan). I also like the acrylics version (17 Jan) - it's somewhat chunky, but the colours are good.

I've spent so much time exploring this theme that I can't think what to paint next. Something small, I think - maybe an onion, or an orange, or even brussels sprouts (If you don't think you can paint art on the them of brussels sprouts, check out this gorgeous brussels sprouts card on Zazzle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment