Friday, March 31, 2006

Respect for the line

Painting straight lines is not easy. And the Place de la Concorde painting has got many thin black lines, so I'm developing a strong respect for lines.

I did the first one with masking tape, but it didn't look great, so I'm now in the process of painting the other black lines by hand. It's slow work. When that is done, I'll have to touch them up so they look perfectly straight. It's going to be a while before this painting is finished! And I don't think my lines will be as straight as the original.

Talking about straight lines, and thinking about bar codes, here is another piece of interesting/useless information: Weetabix and Bixies are the same! We bought a box of Bixies in Lidl in Castelblayney (it was our first venture into the world of Lidl/Aldi - well apart from the Aldi in Bouge), and I had a box of Weetabix bought a couple of weeks ago in Superquinn. They look the same, they taste the same, the list of ingredients is the same, and the batch number is the same! Both have batch number 6023, the Weetabix has a timestamp of 20:19 and the Bixies 18:53. The only difference I could spot was that the Weetabix has a red code "2", and the Bixies has a blue code "D", and the price of course..

No comments:

Post a Comment