Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's been more than a week since my last blog...

It's been strange to live without writing my blog for a week, but, despite the claims in the brochures, Baros's wireless internet in the rooms wasn't quite up and running yet. It is now - mind you, it's not free - at 25 dollars a day, I don't think I'll be using much of it - but, at least I can spend a bit of time now to tell you all about it!
Did you look at the pictures of Baros in my previous posting? Did the rooms look gorgeous? Did the outdoor bath and shower look tempting? Well, it's all true. My favourite room is the outdoor bathroom of course, with a shower at the end of the little garden. When you look up from your early evening shower, and you see the sky turning to pink and the bats flying over to go over to their favourite tree, it's heaven (well, most of you probably don't like the bit about the bats, but I quite like bats, there is something graceful about them - Mike, you're probably thinking "she likes the bats, but she's saying she can't go to South Africa because she's afraid of snakes and creepy-crawlies!!! What's wrong with this girl???").
So, the rooms are gorgeous, the beach is the same as ever, i.e. peaceful and sunny (mind you, a little bit too windy for me, but Brendan enjoys the breeze), and the reef is full of all the fish we love. I found my beloved blue triggerfish shoal exactly at the same spot as always, feeding away in the current. We have seen the 3 eagle rays going by the reef several times, we've seen one of the moray eels a couple of times, and we saw one of the turtles on our first day. We've seen some new fish too - got a good look at a barracuda and we came upon a big shoal of big batfishes yesterday. I'm still on the lookout for the 2 octopi. Given that we only ever saw them one year, out of the 10 years we've been in the Maldives, I'm not too optimistic, but I'll keep looking!

Here is the view from our room:


PS - Lorna - Sorry I could not say Hello to Room 150 - It doesn't exist any more. The highest number is 125!

No comments:

Post a Comment