Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hello from the beach

Despite the flaky connectivity, I'll post a short blog today (we still have about 3 hours to go on our 24-hour subscription!). I'm sitting on the porch, while Brendan is sitting on the beach.

I've finished reading my two books - Time & Destiny, by Patricia O'Reilly and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I enjoyed them both. I haven't read as much as on other holidays.

On the trip over, we had the super-duper Emirates entertainment system (check out PC Medic's blog for more info), so I watched Walk the Line, the movie about Johnny Cash, and Just Like Heaven, a light romantic comedy. That's two movies with Reese Witherspoon, both very good, and of course, I shed tears at the end of both movies - has anybody noticed I only ever seem to watch love stories these days? After these, I listened to a bit of music - I got a chance to listen to "12 Songs", the new Neil Diamond album, and also some relaxing yoga music. After about 5 minutes of playing Tetris, it was time to land already, and not a minute to read a book! (that was only the Manchester-Dubai flight, mind you. On the Dubai-Male flight, I tried to sleep for a bit, not very successfully, unfortunately.)

And of course, I also brought my watercolour pencils and my standard pencils, so I've spent a good bit of time playing with colours - very hard to capture the exact colours and reflections of the lagoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment