Friday, February 03, 2006

All packed up!

The bags are ready and Willow is at the cattery in Rathfarnham. He seemed to be quite happy to be going there. He was hiding under my desk when we went to pick him up to put him in his carrier, but he stayed quiet in the car on the way over - only one squeak. When we go to the vets, he miaows the whole way down, in protest.

Last night, I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha with Mary in the Ormonde in Stillorgan. I enjoyed it (a few tears at the end - it was a love story after all!). The sets and costumes were fabulous of course. The whole movie was a feast for the eyes - there was one scene towards the end where she stands under a gazebo by a pond - it's autumn and the trees' reflections in the water are all golds and rusts, and she is wearing a kimono with pale gold autumn leaves on it.
The only thing I didn't like was the fake Japanese accents put on by the actors. I would have preferred it in Japanese with subtitles or in English without accent. A lot of the actors and actresses in the movie are not Japanese, so I guess it would not have been possible to have the dialogs in Japanese.

And my mock-Mondrian is finally finished. Of course, it looks nothing like a real Mondrian - the texture of the paint is completely different...

No comments:

Post a Comment