Monday, February 20, 2006

Eileen Gray


The book Time & Destiny that I read during the holiday is a piece of Fiction about Eileen Gray, the Irish designer and architect. It was only after reading the book that I had a look on the web at her designs. I knew her name was familiar, but I hadn't connected it with designs I had seen. If my memory serves me right, the little tables in the Aer Lingus lounge in Dublin airport are Eileen Gray tables.
I like the Bibendum chair too!


"Her legendary Adjustable Table E 1027 has been added to the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, New York, in 1978."

You will find some of her designs at this site and this site.

Et pour ceux d'entre vous qui parlent français, ce site donne des détails intéressants sur les laques d'Eileen Gray, et présente une photo du paravent "Le Destin" dont parle le livre "Time & Destiny"

No comments:

Post a Comment