Friday, January 20, 2006

Ancient Sound

I don't have very much to say today, so I thought I'd post this painting by Paul Klee. It's called "Ancient Sound", and I think the colours are to die for. They just resonate beautifully. It looks so simple, but to get the colours just right takes more than a good understanding of colour theory, it takes talent!
Here is a passage about Paul Klee which I found in Wikipedia - "In 1914, he visited Tunisia [...] and was impressed by the quality of the light there, writing: "Color has taken possession of me; no longer do I have to chase after it, I know that it has hold of me forever ... Color and I are one. I am a painter.""

The image “http://www.isi.edu/~ulf/flv/images/ancientsound.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment