Saturday, November 18, 2023

Studio Book

I've started a playbook, studio book, studio journal. Whatever you want to name it.  A place to throw ideas in and come back to when I am in need of inspiration.  And by the way, studio is a big name. Someone asked me yesterday if I had a studio. I have a boxroom, and it's currently so crowded and messy that you could not swing a cat. Which is probably an expression one is not supposed to use any more. But don't worry, our cat is very well looked after. I might have a few scratches and the occasional bite, but he is treated like a king.

Ok, back to the studio book. I've always taken notes, and gathered ideas, but not in a systematic way. Probably one of the reasons why my room is in such a mess. I've recently joined Louise Fletcher's Art Tribe group. It's an annual subscription, and it's good value for all you get out of it, I think. I'm not really into the Facebook group element at this stage yet. I don't think I have the energy to spend on all these other artists' journeys. I have plenty of  artistic communities as it is. My cup is full with all the love and support from my art friends around the world. But there are lots of masterclasses available and I am planning to dip into these as I feel the need. And it's perfect for when I'm icing my ankle and can do nothing else! And I found the videos on studio books really interesting. I immediately wanted to create one of my own. 

So, if I have a book, then I don't need to put things here on my blog, right? Wrong!! Of course, I will feel the need to document the documenting. Plus if there is ever a fire, I don't want to lose it all. And when I'm gone to dust, this blog will remain, not forever, but for a while. And that feels good


I'm not going to share everything, though, so here is a little video to give you a taste. And by the way, the colour above is not Aureolin yellow, it was New Gamboge, or Hansa Yellow Deep!




No comments:

Post a Comment